2. The www.Mexico2010SF.com website was created to celebrate the Bicentennial of the Independence of Mexico and the Centennial of the Mexican Revolution. This project was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Consulate General of Mexico in San Francisco. Book Bank USA was invited to spearhead the planning and implementation of the 15-month event. We’re happy to report that after 46 events, there were over 100,000 participants.
In addition, you can download the Mexico En El Cine/Mexico In Films April 2011 Newsletter PDF.
3. The Belmont Public Library and the Novato Community Library donated a complete non-fiction history section to St. Andrew’s Priory School in Honolulu – 86 cases of books with 30 books in each case. This was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Kosasa Foundation.
4. Autodesk, The Belmont Public Library and Stanford University donated 136 cases of books, 40 books in each case, to the Daraja Academy, Kenya, including two computer labs that were fully equipped through Condé Nast Publications, New York. This was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Kosasa Foundation.
5. Autodesk, three private collections and Stanford University donated 40 cases of primary school books to St. Andrew’s Priory School Library, 40 books in each case. This was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Kosasa Foundation.
7. Time-Warner Oceanic donated 11 computers to SHAPE, the Society for Health Advancement Policy and Education, formerly Friends of Maui County Health, for women’s health projects. This was funded by The Gallagher Family Foundation and The Kosasa Foundation.
8. The Dakin Corporation and Sega Corporation donated over 2,500 stuffed toys and animals, plus children’s books and toys to Project Sunshine’s Kenya Aids Project. This was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Gallagher Family Foundation.
9. The Keiki Foundation and The Kosasa Foundation donated 90 computers to five schools on the Big Island, coordinated through Dr. Josh Green. This was funded by The Kosasa Foundation. The Keiki Health Project, as shown on the left, educated students at the Le Jardin School in Honolulu in March 2011 about blood pressure and first aid training.
10. MacMillan Books donated 300 books to a children’s learning program for Aoy Elementary School in El Paso, TX. This was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Gallagher Family Foundation.
11. Dionne Warwick coordinated the sending of 500 children’s books, computer equipment and software to the Pediatric Unit to the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem. This was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Kosasa Foundation.
12. The Starkey Foundation donated 300 hearing aids, plus 5,000 books were given by the Novato and San Francisco Public Libraries, and 12 computers were donated by Andrew Kluger and the Kosasa Foundation to the Special Education Unit, School for the Deaf, St. Kitts, West Indies through a Dionne Warwick Endowment.
13. Home Depot donated a complete art and sculpture department to a high school in St. Kitts through Lloyd Lazar, Secretary of Ministry of Tourism, Sports & Culture. This was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Gallagher Family Foundation.
14. Condé Nast Publications donated 60 computers and 600 cases of books to the Daraja Academy in Kenya; Genentec, The Kosasa Foundation and the James Gallagher Family Foundation donated funds for a science lab.
15. Solatex of Rehovot Israel donated a solar lab to the Daraja Academy in Kenya. This was funded by Andrew Kluger and The Gallagher Family Foundation.