On tiptoes / De puntitas
- Measurements: 22 cm by 30 cm (8.66 in by 11.81 in).
- Texts in rhyme in English and Spanish.
- The book is designed in hardcover.
- Printed in sustainable paper.
Production of this book sponsored by
Headed by Chairman Andrew Kluger, an American Non-Profit founded in 1963 that among other things promotes books as educational and cultural objects.
SASHA DE SOLA
Prima Ballerina from SF Ballet and main character of the book
Mexico City – based editorial headed by Mexican graphic designer Tania Pineda, it specializes in high-end book editions and productions.
Mexican writer; this is her fourth published title and her second bilingual story.
Graphic designer and illustrator; this is her second hardcover illustrated book.
- Child-oriented details appeal to the curiosity of the young audience.
- Sasha’s illustrations depict real costumes used in some of her performances.
- Off-pink palette offers a fresher look on the traditional “ballet colors”.
BASED ON THE LIFE OF SASHA DE SOLA / PRIMA BALLERINA OF THE SF BALLET
Bookbank USA, Ediciones Patoganso and Prima Ballerina from SF Ballet Sasha De Sola presents their new illustrated bilingual book: On tiptoes • De puntitas which features two stories, one based on Sasha’s ballet career up to date and another one of a boy that gets inspired by her to be a dancer himself. Both stories offer a moral that can be applied to life beyond ballet: resilience, overcoming life obstacles and following your heart and your passion regardless of hardship.
The first edition consists of 1,000 fully colored books in hard cover design. 50 books will be enveloped in
a hard vini-leather boxed “Deluxe Edition”, which includes four fully colored illustrations with no text
printed on special paper and autographed picture of Sasha de Sola.